Goals & Strategies
Goals & Strategies
See About Us here
See Ratio Christi's purpose, mission, and vision here.
Simply put - A Renaissance of Christian Thinking in the University. We want to re-establish a strong and reasoned presence of Christian thinking in academia. Our goal is to place apologetics clubs at all major universities.
Ratio Christi wants students to be “Fully Equipped and Fully Engaged.” We want to help students hold onto their faith and to also begin to stand up for Christianity when it comes under fire on campus. We desire to train students to be conversational evangelists who will in turn train others to defend and proclaim the Gospel.
Ratio Christi also provides a safe and charitable venue for atheists, agnostics, skeptics, and adherents to any religion to investigate the claims of Christianity, discuss religious beliefs, and seek truth without fearing reprisal. While this is a distinctly Christian organization, any student is able to become a member, learn, debate, and explore the connection of faith and reason.
Specific goals are:
- To initiate a Renaissance of Christian Thinking in the University
- To share the gospel with Christians and non-Christians in an intellectually stimulating environment
- To provide an open forum for non-believers to ask questions and seek answers without feeling awkward and/or the odd-man-out
- To reverse the trend of de-conversions that occur during a student’s college career (currently 60-80% of Christian students leave college as non-Christians)
- To demolish the false dichotomy of faith and reason
- To reverse the general trend of secularism within the academy
- To see the university take a more serious look at Christianity as a legitimately intellectual worldview
- To see Christians worship God with their entire being: heart, soul, strength, and mind
- To develop the critical thinking skills of committed Christians so that they approach major issues with a sense of clear reasoning, whether in the professional or personal environment
- To serve other campus ministries in various ways, ranging from partnership to plugging our students in with their groups. By no means do we intend to compete with other ministries doing important work on campus
- To train students how to engage in conversational evangelism
- To train students as servant leaders that are capable of training others who will in turn teach others
- To equip high school students with the understanding and skills necessary to defend their Christian faith.
To these ends, local chapters of Ratio Christi shall use the following strategies:
- Express the Good News of Jesus Christ through all activities of the Chapter.
- Empower students to grow deeper in the knowledge of and love for Jesus Christ, and enabling them to effectively share that knowledge and love with others by building relationships and promoting Christian discipleship.
- Encourage dialogue and stimulate discussion directed towards answering life’s pressing questions
- Engage the entire campus by serving as a catalyst for apologetics related dialogue by sponsoring campus-wide debates, discussions, or lectures that will encourage all students and faculty to interact with Christian thinkers on an objective, intellectual basis.
- Extend offers to provide apologetics training to other campus ministries, local churches, youth groups and Christian junior and senior high schools.
- Empower faculty and students to present a strong intellectual case for Christianity in the context of all academic disciplines.
- Form strategic partnerships among professional apologists, faculty, and students for the purpose of exposing, in university contexts, the weaknesses and fallacies of secularism, atheism, and pluralism
- Work with Christian faculty to incorporate a Christian worldview into all academic disciplines and to rethink academic disciplines from the perspective of a Christian worldview
- Stimulate evangelism and academic excellence through awarding an Ambassador of Christ Certificate based on a set of high student standards
- Promote exponential impact by training students to train others who will train still others
- Encourage students to respond to God's call to the mission field of the secular university by serving as professional apologists or as faculty
See Values here
Click on the item below to download
- File Type