News & Events
2015 Ratio Christi Symposium and Student Retreat
Oct. 17, 2015 - Oct. 18, 2015
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Fifth Annual Banquet, Symposium, & Student Retreat
Featuring Dr. George Yancey: "Surviving (and Thriving) with Christianophobia"
Not Just An Event. It's A Gathering!
Participate in an extended "Apologetics Gathering" from Thurs., Oct. 15 thru Sun., Oct. 18
Come to all or just portions of this intense four days
Click arrows below to unfold more information about each item.
Banquet - Saturday Oct. 17, 6:30 pm
Keynote speaker for Saturday night Ministry Building and Banquet: Dr. George Yancey: "Surviving (and Thriving) with Christianophobia."
Dr. George Yancey is a Professor of sociology at the University of North Texas. He has published several research articles on the topics of institutional racial diversity, racial identity, academic bias and anti-Christian hostility. His books include Compromising Scholarship (Baylor University Press) a book that explores religious and political biases in academia, There is no God (Rowman and Littlefield) a book that investigates atheism in the United States, So Many Christians, So Few Lions (Rowman and Littlefield) a book that assess Christianophobia in the United States, and Hostile Environment (Intervarsity Press) a Christian book that explores how Christians should deal with Christianophobia. He currently is working to create the first Christian Studies center on a secular campus.
- FREE - registration required
- Be a table host and bring 7 other people with you.
- You may sponsor the actual expense of the banquet for individuals or a whole table. Click to sponsor a table.
- Location: Heritage International Ministries Conference Retreat Center, 375 Starlight Drive, Fort Mill, South Carolina 29715
- You will be asked to provide your contact information. Ratio Christi will follow up with you after the event to discuss ways you may want to get involved with this movement.
- Food Menu
- Location, Schedule
"Pre-Events:" NCCA, Women's Conf, More - Oct. 15 & 16
In addition to the Sat. and Sun. Symposium/Student Retreat we encourage all attendees to attend other apologetics related events including the National Conference on Christian Apologetics hosted by Southern Evangelical Seminary on Oct. 16-17. The weekend of great apologetics training and fellowship will be extended by the Ratio Christi Symposium & Student Retreat.
Sign up for one or all of the following if applicable:
SES Women's Pre-Conference - Thursday, Oct. 15. Free for women who attend NCCA [Details]
SES National Conference on Christian Apologetics (NCCA) - Fri. & Sat. - [$100] Pricing for students and Ratio Christi staff only. Includes entire two day NCCA conference, Fri. lunch, hotel accommodations on Fri. night, and Sat. lunch. Conference details can be found here
Meeting for Ratio Christi Regional Directors only - Thursday, Oct. 15 [$100]
ADF dinner for Ratio Christi Chapter Directors and Leaders only - Friday, Oct. 16, 4:30 - 6 pm [FREE; See details]
Student Retreat - Oct. 17 & 18
Entire Ratio Christi Student Retreat (Sat. afternoon thru Sun.) - [$200] *Students Only. College students or high school juniors and seniors.
*Price includes: Sat. breakfast & lunch, Sat. morning at NCCA and Sat. afternoon activity at the U.S. National Whitewater Center, evening banquet, Sat. night room, Sun. breakfast & lunch, and all student conference activities and mentoring groups. Students will select an topic of concentrated study for the weekend and spend extended time with top scholars in those fields.
- Student Retreat Details Page
- Activity: Enjoy the U.S. National Whitewater Center with fellow students and your mentors.
- Speakers and Topics: Each student will choose one area of concentration to study throughout the weekend and will be grouped with faculty mentors who are experts in that area of study.
- Schedule: Schedule: 9 am on Saturday through Sunday at 5 pm. We also encourage attendees to register for the National Conference on Christian Apologetics hosted by Southern Evangelical Seminary on Oct. 16-17. This pre-extends the weekend of great apologetics training and fellowship.
- Detailed Schedule
- Food Menu
Symposium (non-students) - Oct. 17 (evening) & 18
Faculty Track, Campus Ministry Track, Women's Apologetics Strategy Group, Church/Ministry/Parent Track
Entire Ratio Christi Symposium for Non-Students (Sat. evening & Sun.) - [$150] *Non-students Only. For Ratio Christi staff and leaders, pastors, staff of other campus ministries, faculty/professors/teachers, ministry leaders, and lay people wanting to learn how to get involved in the apologetics movement.
*Price includes: Sat. evening banquet, Sat. night room, Sun. beakfast & lunch, and all adult conference activities/lectures. There will be sessions focused specifically on campus ministry and other sessions on various apologetics topics and implementation of apologetics into church and ministry settings.
- Symposium Details Page (for non-students)
- Speakers and Topics
- Faculty Track Information
- Schedule: 6:30 pm on Saturday through Sunday at 5 pm. We also encourage attendees to register for the National Conference on Christian Apologetics hosted by Southern Evangelical Seminary on Oct. 16-17. This pre-extends the weekend of great apologetics training and fellowship.
- General Weekend Schedule
- Detailed Sat/Sun Schedule
- Food Menu
Unless you are only attending the Saturday evening banquet, all Symposium and Student Retreat attendees will stay at the conference center. Lodging for Saturday night is included in the registration prices for the symposium and student retreat. If you purchase the NCCA package through Ratio Christi this includes lodging for Friday night. If additional nights are needed you can add those on the registration site. Ratio Christi ministry partners and speakers can also register for additional nights at the conference center. See details here.
More information to be posted as it becomes available. Details such as specific speakers and topics subject to change without notice.
See "Additional Links" below for Student Retreat Information, Symposium Roster, detailed schedule, food menu, and accommodation information.
- Fri. 5-6:30; Sat. 12-9; Sun. 8am - 5:00pm
- Heritage International Ministries Conference Retreat Center
- 375 Starlight Drive
- Fort Mill, South Carolina 29715
- Admission Details:
- Open to all
- For More Info:
- Additional Links
- Registration Page
- Student Retreat Details
- Symposium Details
- Accommodations, Transportation, and General Schedule
- Food Menu
- National Conference on Christian Apologetics
- Women's Pre-Conference
- Student Retreat Facebook Event Page
- Symposium Facebook Event Page
- Related Organizations
- Ratio Christi
- Alliance Defending Freedom
- Biola University - Apologetics
- Come Reason Ministries
- Discovery Institute
- IDEA Center
- Logos Research Associates
- Reasons To Believe
- Southern Evangelical Seminary
Aaron is the Chapter Director for the UNC Wilmington chapter of Ratio Christi and the Regional Director for the state of North Carolina. Aaron is also a licensed attorney in the state of North Carolina.Learn More
Adam Tucker is the Director of Evangelism for Southern Evangelical Seminary.Learn More
Clay Jones, is an Associate Professor of Christian Apologetics at Biola University and a Ratio Christi Board Member.Learn More
Corey Miller is the President/CEO of Ratio Christi and has a PhD in philosophy and theology from the University of Aberdeen, Scotland.Learn More
Eric is the Chapter Director for The Ohio State University and a full time missionary with CJF Ministries.Learn More
Professor of Physics at Purdue University, Volunteer Apologist with Reasons to Believe, and Faculty Adviser for Ratio Christi at Purdue.Learn More
Jeff Zweerink thought he would follow in his father's footsteps as a chemistry professor until a high school teacher piqued his interest in physics, now he incorporatesboth his love of science and his desire to serve God.Learn More
John Sanford is a geneticist and the Ratio Christi Chapter Director at Geneseo University in New York.Learn More
John is an American lawyer, apologist, and international speaker, and holds four earned degrees. He formerly co-hosted the nationally-syndicated radio show the Bible Answerman with the late Walter Martin. Dr. Stewart served as professor of law and apologetics at Simon Greenleaf University in America, was a Director of the Christian Research Institute, and is authored of several books and articles.Learn More
Jonathan is an evolutionary biologist, Christian apologist, debater, and intelligent design speaker.Learn More
Ratio Christi Chapter Director at Rutgers University and RC Board of Directors Member. MA in Apologetics from Biola.Learn More
Former Tenured Professor at Brigham Young University Current Faculty at Florida Gulf Coast University. Author of Unveiling Grace: The Story of How We Found Our Way Out of the Mormon ChurchLearn More
Mark is an entrepreneur, CEO, writer, and board member of Ratio Christi.Learn More
Michael is the Director of Ratio Christi College Prep program for high school students.Learn More
Dr. Paul Gould is an assistant professor of philosophy and Christian apologetics at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.Learn More