Kellie Fiedorek has experience in constitutional law, and legislation and litigation pertaining to the defense of marriage, religious freedom, human life, and the freedom of conscience. She serves as litigation counsel with Alliance Defending Freedom at its Washington, D.C., Regional Service Center, where she is an invaluable member of the Center for Marriage and Family.
Since joining Alliance Defending Freedom in 2012, Fiedorek has focused on providing legislative bodies and organizations with sound legal guidance on legislation pertaining to marriage and family issues. She has drafted numerous legal memos outlining the importance of marriage, and the need to safeguard the constitutionally protected freedom of religion for all citizens if marriage is redefined or civil union bills are enacted. She has also testified before state legislatures across the country concerning the legal impact these proposed changes in state policies will have on religious liberty.
Fiedorek believes respect for the dignity of the human person is central to understanding religious freedom and the important role marriage and family have in society. Through her legal efforts, she is committed to protecting marriage and family and safeguarding religious freedom for all Americans.
A writer, Fiedorek was a contributor to Americans United for Life's (AUL) publication Defending Life and a co-author of AUL’s Constitutional Law and Abortion, a primer for law school students. She also co-authored AUL’s July 2011 report The Case for Investigating Planned Parenthood, which helped lead to the current congressional investigation into the abortion giant.
Fiedorek has appeared in numerous media outlets, including Fox News, NPR, and the BBC. She has also been quoted in The Washington Post and The Washington Times.
- Earned J.D. from Ave Maria School of Law in 2009
- Before graduating from law school, completed the Alliance Defending Freedom leadership development program to become a Blackstone Fellow in 2008
- Received B.A. in theology in 2006, graduating cum laude from the University of Dallas
- Litigation Counsel, Alliance Defending Freedom, 2012 -
- Prior to joining Alliance Defending Freedom, Fiedorek was staff counsel and director of federal government affairs for Americans United for Life from 2010-2012. She provided key counsel to members of Congress and their staff on the enactment of critical pieces of life-affirming legislation. She was also the coordinator and co-founder of the AUL initiative “Advocates for Life,” a national association for pro-life law students.
- Fiedorek is a member of the state bar of Florida.