Challenge, Mission, & Vision
- When confronted with intellectual challenges to Christianity, many Christian college students will abandon their faith.
- Secular thought dominates most educational institutions.
- Christian students are often ridiculed and openly humiliated by fellow students, and faculty, for believing in God, the Bible, and Jesus Christ.
- Evangelism has declined as a post-Christian culture dominates and believers do not have answers to important questions.
Bringing together faith & reason . . .
Establishing the intellectual voice of Christ at the university.
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior may be ashamed of their slander. 1 Pet.3:15-16
Ratio Christi is a global movement that equips university students and faculty to give historical, philosophical, and scientific reasons for following Jesus Christ.
This includes preparing high school students for higher education and an even higher calling.
Thoughtful Christianity—Transforming Lives on Campus Today, Changing Culture Tomorrow.
- Imagine a spontaneous grassroots evangelistic movement advanced by apologetics discipleship, conversational evangelism, and training faithful men and women who will also teach others.
- Imagine, by 2025, launch and sustain an organized presence of students & faculty defending & sharing the Gospel at 500 universities & high schools, in 50 countries, with 5,000+ missional professors, and 50+ yearly collaborative campus & community events (Symposia Christi).
- Imagine Christian students and faculty who 1) are completely confident in their faith in Christ and 2) can stand up to intellectual attacks and inquiry. Ratio Christi seeks to strengthen the faith of Christian students and faculty around the world by placing Ratio Christi chapters on 500 university campuses in the next five years.
- Imagine trained apologists and Christian faculty working together to help students and faculty see the intellectual weaknesses of Secularism, Atheism, and religious pluralism. We will train students and faculty to trust the historical reliability of the Bible and to know that the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ can not only change lives but that it is one of the most well-documented historical events in all of history.
- Imagine every Ratio Christi chapter hosting, on university campuses, lectures and debates that will challenge the intellectual veracity of secularism and atheism and reach out to those that don’t know Christ.
- Imagine Christian faculty making a strong intellectual case for Christianity in the contexts of their academic disciplines. We will equip and encourage faculty to integrate a Christian worldview into their scholarly activities. We will encourage students to enter the mission field of the university by pursuing academic careers.
- Imagine Christian students entering college confident in their ability to defend their faith. We will equip high school students in the knowledge and skills needed to understand and defend their faith against the challenges presented by competing worldviews. Ratio Christi College Prep
- That is what Ratio Christi is all about. It's not just an organization--it's a movement!
"In an age in which infidelity abounds, do we observe parents carefully instructing their children in the principles of faith which they profess? Or do they furnish their children with arguments for the defense of that faith? ... When religion is handed down among us by heredity succession, it is not surprising to find youth of sense and spirit beginning to question the truth of the system in which they were brought up. And it is not surprising to see them abandon a position which they are unable to defend." -William Wilberforce
Click on the item below to download