Ratio Christi is seeking paid "Supported Missionary" and volunteer "tent-maker" apologists at any and all universities and colleges. You can start a chapter at any college or university near you. Please read the Apologists Needed page, the Become an Apologist page, and the Community Apologist page.
However, there are also specific and immediate needs for campus leaders as well as administrative team members.
The following are institutions that have an immediate need for trained Chapter Directors (campus leaders/mentors). They may be existing long-running chapters where there is a new vacancy or it may be a chapter where students have initiated the process of forming a club and there is no Chapter Director yet. Full time paid apologists or bi-vocational volunteer apologists may typically fill the role. Paid apologists must be involved in raising financial support for their compensation. Contact us for details.
- Auburn University
- George Mason University
- Georgia State University
- Kansas State University
- Kennesaw State University
- Louisiana State University
- Morgan State University (Baltimore, NJ)
- Princeton University
- Truman State University (Kirksville, Missouri)
- University of Central Arkansas (Conway, AR)
- University of Florida (Gainesville, FL)
- University of Georgia - Need an assistant director/apologist to help existing director
- University of North Alabama
- University of North Carolina Asheville
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina Greensboro
- Wright State University
Many Other Types of Positions
Ratio Christi National Administrative Team
In addition to direct campus apologetics ministry Ratio Christi also has many ongoing and project-specific opportunities for apologists, leaders, and administrative staff. Most or all of them can be done from home with flexible timing. Many can be done as a volunteer or paid vocational work.
For credit or field experience through your educational program. Details.
For the summer of 2017 paid internships are also available through Ratio Christi. See details and fundraising responsibilities here.
Ratio Christi values the wisdom and expertise of people with your life experience. We don’t think you are done with your work for the King. You are invited to actively participate in a movement that is transforming our colleges and culture by re-awakening high school and college students to the truth of Christianity, the power of the Gospel, and the fervor of evangelism. Details.
Mature Christian leaders for many regions throughout the country to provide oversight of RC regional university staff through service, care, encouragement, support, guidance, and problem solving. Also initiate and oversee regional strategic planning, partnerships, and growth. ¾ to full time paid (support raising required) or volunteer positions. Details.
The following is a partial list of openings in the regional or national organization of Ratio Christi. They can be either volunteer or paid vocational positions. Please note that as paid Ratio Christi staff are typically "Supported Missionaries" like those working for many other missions organizations, all paid positions requires the candidate to participate in raising a financial support team to fund the salary. Contact us for details. Most or all of them can be done from home with flexible timing.
Regional Directors (see above).
Chief Technology Officer
Event Planning Coordinator
Director of Communications and/or Communications Coordinator
Administrative Assistant to the Director of College Prep (high school)
Executive Level Administrator for RC International
Handle major coordination and personnel oversight responsibilities for our international team. Flexible 20 to 40 hours per week. Volunteer or paid missionary position with fundraising.
Webmaster / Social Media Coordinator for RC International
- RCI is looking for website/social media webmaster and administrator volunteer who can take the lead on managing RC International’s web presence. This person will ideally have a comfort with administrating Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and is willing to learn how to use our web publishing software. This person will work closely with the international executive team to facilitate optimal web designs that can be informative, functional and yet aesthetically pleasing. Currently, this role requires about 8 hours per week (flexible hours). Details
Newsletter and Social Media Intern/Volunteer
- Wanted: A talented, motivated person to help a Christian ministry with proofreading, editing, and social networking. Qualifications: Should have an interest in Christian apologetics and reaching people, organizational skills, proficiency in Instagram and other social platforms. An interest in journalism is helpful. 10-12 hours per week. Details.
- Excellent editorial skills required. Reviewing and editing blogs, correspondence, web pages, marketing material, etc. 2 - 8 hours per week depending on availability.
Writer, Copy Editor (multiple)
- Experienced copy editor, proof-reader, and writer
- Reviewing and editing blogs, correspondence, web pages, marketing material, etc.
- Flexible hours, 5 – 10 hours per week
- Skilled writer and apologist needed to oversee Ratio Christi blogging. Review content, schedule guest writers, etc. Lots of communication with RC team members. Up to 8 hours per week.
Conference representation manager
- Schedules and coordinates RC staff nationally to represent RC at Christian conferences around the country. 2 - 6 hours per week; reports to Director of Resources
Apologetics Event Center Administrators
- Coordinates with national ministries and individuals to oversee worldwide apologetics event listing center (http://events.ratiochristi.org). Must be highly organized and have good people skills. Up to 8 hours per week.
Speakers Bureau Administrator
- Research, write, and maintain speaker/scholar free listing service for Ratio Christi and non-Ratio Christi apologists (http://ratiochristi.org/speakers). Extensive communication with national ministries and individuals. Oversee project and other staff. Must be highly organized and have good people skills. Up to 8 hours per week.
- Apologetics Organization Listing Service (http://ratiochristi.org/organizations). Research, write, and maintain free listing service for apologetics/worldview related ministries and organizations (e.g., a "yellow pages" of apologetics). Extensive communication with other organizations. Oversee project and other staff. Good administrative and communication skills. Up to 8 hours per week.
Social Media Coordinator and Assistant(s)
- Great written communications skills
- Enjoy learning new software and interacting in fast-paced environment
- Help maintain over 200 Facebook pages and Twitter accounts. Need good writing skills, knowledge of apologetics, and experience with social media use. Will provide training for specific tasks. A Manager position could be up to 20 or 30 hours per week (see details on how to make this a paid position).
- Multiple assistants needed from 2 to 4 hours per week.
Data entry assistants
- Available for anyone with 2 to 4 hours per week that has internet connection and moderate computer skills. Willing to do internet research. Assist with entry for national apologetics events, speakers, and apologetics resources, and other. Join the team to make an impact!
Volunteer Resource Coordinator
- Scheduling, planning, and training for Ratio Christi "online" administrative volunteers. Do you love people and love scheduling and lists? This is for you. Up to 16 hours per week.
Apologetics News Center Assistants
- Help find daily articles online related to apologetics issues, write headlines, and make posts (http://ratiochristi.org/news-events/apologeti-ticker). Looking for multiple people for 1 to 4 hours per week.
Human Resource Coordinator for RC Volunteers
- Scheduling, planning, and coordinating training for RC volunteers
- Strong interpersonal skills and detailed, list-oriented individual
- Help recruiting, communication, assessment, and support of team members
- Up to 16 hours per week, management experience preferred
- Experienced accountant comfortable with various software platforms
- Work from home and interact with professional team members online
- Work on project basis or weekly tasks, 4 to 8 hours per week—flexible
Video Editors, Producers, Media and Arts, Photography/Videography, Graphics
- RC is ramping up our media presence, with a spectrum of expertise needed
- Project based or 4 to 10 hours per week
Training Department Coordinator
- Planning, scheduling, and communication for Ratio Christi training dept.
- Detailed oriented, complex scheduling, comfortable with online and media tools
Computer Programmers, IT Personnel, Database Managers
- Computer and technology skills
- Project based or 8 to 10 hours per week
Pastoral Assistance, Chaplaincy
- Counsel, encourage, and pray with RC personnel around the country
- Flexible hours as long as consistent.
- Work via phone, internet, and/or in person
- Schedules and coordinates RC staff nationally to represent RC at Christian conferences around the country
- 2 - 6 hours per week reporting to Director of Resources
Ministry Travel Agent/Planner
- Researching and booking flights, accommodations, etc. for national and international team members. Event travel planning, etc.
C-Level and VP Level Executive Mentors
- Do you have executive level experience and willing to share your hard won wisdom with our ministry leaders? Your mentorship would be greatly appreciated.
Conference Rep Manager
- Works with Director of Resources to schedules and coordinate RC representatives nationally for Christian conferences
- 2 - 6 hours per week, phone and online
Think about it. . . Important ministry, team effort, and meaningful impact right from your computer at home on your own schedule. Running a large international organization takes a lot of people with diverse skills and interests working together to accomplish something larger than any one can on their own. Please consider joining the Ratio Christi team to bring Truth and Christianity to the University, and to help serve and mobilize the apologetics movement.
Note: All of the above volunteer positions have the potential to be paid if the person is willing to raise funding.
If you are interested in any of the above please contact Ratio Christi