How about getting "Refired" for Christ?
Did you imagine that your retirement years would be spent in a culture like we have today? Are you looking for a way to make a difference and leave a powerful legacy to the next generation?
Ratio Christi values the wisdom and expertise of people with your life experience. We don’t think you are done with your work for the King. You are invited to actively participate in a movement that is transforming our colleges and culture by re-awakening high school and college students to the truth of Christianity, the power of the Gospel, and the fervor of evangelism.
Ratio Christi (Latin for the “reason of Christ”) is a global movement preparing students and faculty with the evidence for their faith in order to stand for the truth of Christ. We are currently serving at over 170 universities and high schools around the world. But the laborers are few. There are many needs in this rapidly growing organization. We believe that partnering with retirees is a natural fit. We need your wisdom and expertise, and we hope you can be energized by assisting young people in a vibrant ministry.
Are you sick of seeing the decay in culture? Do you hate seeing young people leave the Church?
Don’t Let Christianity Go Extinct
Become the Transformer Generation!
Below are some areas of impact awaiting your engagement. Most are volunteer positions, typically 5 to 10 hours per week (up to full time), though pay is possible with missionary fundraising. Don’t see what you are looking for? Contact us and we can likely find a fit. Please contact us at http://ratiochristi.org/about-us/contact-us or email@example.com
Writer, Copy Editor (multiple)
• Experienced copy editor, proof reader, and writer
• Reviewing and editing blogs, correspondence, web pages, marketing material, etc.
• Flexible hours, 5 – 10 hours per week
Social Media Coordinator and Assistant(s)
• Great written communications skills
• Enjoy learning new software and interacting in fast-paced environment
Human Resource Coordinator for RC Volunteers
• Scheduling, planning, and coordinating training for RC volunteers
• Strong interpersonal skills and detailed, list-oriented individual
• Help recruiting, communication, assessment, and support of team members
• Up to 16 hours per week, management experience preferred
• Experienced accountant comfortable with various software platforms
• Work from home and interact with professional team members online
• Work on project basis or weekly tasks, 4 to 8 hours per week—flexible
• Skilled writer and apologist needed to oversee Ratio Christi blogging
• Review content, schedule guest writers, etc.
• Heavy communication with RC team members, up to 10 - 20 hours per week
Video Editors, Producers, Media and Arts, Photography/Videography, Graphics
• RC is ramping up our media presence, with a spectrum of expertise needed
• Project based or 4 to 10 hours per week
I've been aware of the lack of free speech for Christian students since at least 2005, and it's only gotten worse since then. The atheist mindset at the university level has also caused two students, children of personal friends, to walk away from Christianity within their first semester at college.
~ Sheryl Young, Retired Journalist, Writer, Editor now active with Ratio Christi
Training Department Coordinator
• Planning, scheduling, and communication for Ratio Christi training dept.
• Detailed oriented, complex scheduling, comfortable with online and media tools
Data Entry Assistants
• Available for anyone with consistent 2 to 4 hours per week who has internet connection and moderate computer skills, willing to do internet research
• Assist with entry for national apologetics events, speakers, and apologetics resources, and other, join the team to make an impact!
Computer Programmers, IT Personnel, Database Managers
• Computer and technology skills
• Project based or 8 to 10 hours per week
Pastoral Assistance, Chaplaincy
• Counsel, encourage, and pray with RC personnel around the country
• Flexible hours as long as consistent.
• Work via phone, internet, and/or in person
Social Media Coordinator & Webmaster for RC International
• Administrating Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc. and willing to learn RC’s web publishing software
• 8 hours per week
Assistant to the President
• Handle correspondence, calls, scheduling, travel arrangements for RC president 16 – 24 hours per week
Executive Level Administrator for RC International
• Handle major coordination and personnel oversight responsibilities for international team
• Flexible 20 to 40 hours per week
• Volunteer or paid missionary position with fundraising
• Schedules and coordinates RC staff nationally to represent RC at Christian conferences around the country
• 2 - 6 hours per week reporting to Director of Resources
Ministry Travel Agent/Planner
• Researching and booking flights, accommodations, etc. for national and international team members. Event travel planning, etc.
C-Level and VP Level Executive Mentors
• Do you have executive level experience and willing to share your hard won wisdom with our ministry leaders? Your mentorship would be greatly appreciated.
Conference Rep Manager
• Works with Director of Resources to schedules and coordinate RC representatives nationally for Christian conferences
• 2 - 6 hours per week, phone and online
• Mature Christian leaders for many regions throughout the country to provide oversight of RC regional university staff through service, care, encouragement, support, guidance, and problem solving. Also initiate and oversee regional strategic planning, partnerships, and growth.
• ¾ to full time paid (support raising required) or volunteer positions
Managers, Leaders, Communicators, Servants, High Tech, Low Tech, Fundraisers, Hospitality & Hosts, Boosters, Donors, Advocates, and Prayer Warriors
Still not convinced? Contact us anyway to discuss. The sky’s the limit.
Click on arrow at left of line below to expand information and download a flyer regarding retiree opportunities. Feel free to email or print and distribute to anyone.