My interest in apologetics blossomed during high school when I heard Brett Kunkle present on Greg Koukl's book Tactics. I first became aware of Ratio Christi while I was a student at Summit Ministries’ two-week summer conference. God used the apologetics teaching I received at that conference to help me through some of the personal challenges for my faith that I was encountering in my college classes. As I have continued studying apologetics, I have discovered a new and profound confidence that the claims of Christianity are indeed true and the God of the Bible is worthy of my devotion. Through this process of learning and growth, God burdened my heart to find a way that I could help fellow believers grow in their faith in the same ways, as well as share the gospel with non-Christians. Ratio Christi is accomplishing exactly what God burdened my heart to do—sharing God’s truth with others through intellectual investigation of Christianity and helping others learn what it means to love God with our minds.
I married my beautiful wife, Janai, in 2016 and we live in Lincoln, Nebraska where I was born and raised, and where we are currently serving students at the University of Nebraska. I am an avid reader and obsess maybe a little too much over keeping my library organized. When I am not reading or studying, I spend my time taking long walks with my wife, cheering on my Huskers, and trying to make it to the Colorado Rockies as much as possible to hike and relax.
- Biola University, M.A. Christian Apologetics, 2018
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.A. Political Science, 2016
- Southeast Community College, A.A. American Government, 2014
- Member of the Evangelical Philosophical Society
- Member of the Tau Sigma National Honor Society
- Member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Graduate of Summit Ministries' Student Conference, 2011 and 2012