< Back to People
About me: Talking to people about Jesus and why they follow Him or do not follow Him is a thrill for me. Being a retired forensic scientist, with graduate degrees in theology, apologetics, and philosophy of religion, I am fascinated with evidence and how people think about the “bigger questions of life.” Hiking in the Rockies is my favorite recreation, along with cooking out and catching a good movie. I’ve been in Colorado since 2016 and absolutely love the environment!
Testimony: I was raised in Georgia and Alabama in a Christian home (Presbyterian, then Southern Baptist). There always seemed to be something missing. The summer after graduating from high school, I began attending a group of Christians that ministered to street people. In them I saw a real commitment to serving and giving one’s life for Christ and for others. Through them, I felt like I really heard the pure and simple gospel of Christ and was born again in August of 1971. My college years were a little weak spiritually but eventually I got my feet under me and started growing stronger in the Lord.
My first job out of college was in Portland, Oregon where I found a good church and was growing in Him. One day at work a lady who knew I was active in my church came to me and said that she was studying with some Jehovah’s Witnesses. She asked, “What about the Trinity? What about the deity of Christ?” Being a typical church goer I said, “I don’t know! Yes, I believe in them, but I can’t explain them to you!” So that encounter sent me to studying. In God’s providence, my roommate just so happened to have two tapes by Walter Martin, one about Jehovah’s Witnesses and one about Mormonism. As I started studying the differences between the Watchtower’s view of God and Jesus verses the historical orthodox Biblical views, I started growing in leaps and bounds as to Who Jesus was/is and as to God’s magnificence and the marvels of His tri-unity. Not just my head knowledge grew, but so also did my worship and trust of Him grew deeper as I better understood Who He is.
Within a year I was in seminary studying under Drs. Martin, John Warwick Montgomery and later Stuart Hackett and William Lane Craig. My relationship with Jesus has grown exponentially because of my studies and service to Him. I often reflect on Paul’s statement “that I may know Him” (Phil. 3:10) and God’s words through Jeremiah, “let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me…” (Jer. 9:23-24). To understand and know Christ and to do His work is my life’s goal.
Other: Ministry History of Donald E. Dicks
M.Div., American Christian Theological Seminary, Anaheim, CA, 1980
Studied under Walter R. Martin, John Warwick Montgomery, and J. Rodman Williams
M.A. in Christian Apologetics, Simon Greenleaf School of Law, Anaheim, CA, 1991
Studied under Walter R. Martin, John Warwick Montgomery and Rod Rosenbladt
Th.M. in Philosophy of Religion, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL,1988
Studied under Stuart Hackett and William Lane Craig
Atlanta Christian Apologetics Project (acap)
– Founding president of the Atlanta Christian Apologetics Project, Inc., a non-profit,
interdenominational ministry concerned with the defense of the historic orthodox Christian
– Held monthly meetings with teaching
– Saturday morning radio interactive talk show on local Christian AM station for three years
– Organized and produced six city-wide conferences; first four on cults and occult, fifth on ethics
and general apologetic topics; sixth on Intelligent Design held at Georgia Institute of
Technology with 505 attendees
Luther Rice Seminary, Lithonia, GA
– Taught Apologetics to Master of Divinity students
– Taught Apologetics and Cults to undergraduate students
– Taught pastors in Soul, Korea and Tokyo, Japan who were working on their M.Div. through
Luther Rice Seminary
Other over-seas teaching
– Kiev and Odessa, Ukraine – taught on cults to local churches (1996 & 2001)
– Lima, Peru – taught on cults to local churches (2005, 2006, 2007)
Current: (since 2016)
– Teaching adult Sunday school at Calvary Bible Church, Boulder, CO
– Teaching Thursday night ‘Speaking the Truth in Love’ apologetics course at Calvary Bible
Church, Boulder, CO
– Chapter Director with Ratio Christi club at Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO