Legatus Christi Certificate
Example Certificate: This is the first Ratio Christi Legatus Christi award given to Jordan Slusher's family in October 2012.
You, JORDAN SLUSHER, have earned the distinguished honor of Legatus Christi – Ambassador of Christ. You have acquired this designation under the training of a Ratio Christi apologist who has conferred this honor because of your demonstrated desire and ability to give a reasoned defense of the Christian faith. You have shown the ability to gently and respectfully instruct those with common objections and questions concerning topics such as the existence of God, the historical reliability of the Bible, the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the truthfulness of the
Christian message of salvation.
This designation holds with it the awesome responsibility to continue in this Sacred Romance with your Savior, and to fulfill your calling as an apologist for Christianity and an evangelist of the Gospel. By accepting this designation you have agreed to live wisely among those who are not believers and to make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversations be gracious and attractive so that you will have an answer for everyone. You are also urged to teach these truths you have learned to other trustworthy men and women who will be able to pass them on to others. Believing that you are able with God’s help to fulfill this calling, the designation of Ambassador of Christ is conferred on this day…
- Demonstrate greater biblical and philosophical understanding, Christian commitment, effective evangelism, and spiritual discernment at the end of their involvement than at the beginning.
- Be better equipped to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and defend its truth claims against objections.
- Develop a better understanding of the cultural milieu in which they live and better know how to engage that culture with love, respect, and humility.
- Gain a better understanding of the religious alternatives in their community and in the world by investigating such items as various world religions, religious sects, and cults and know how to respond in an effective manner.
- Defend the concept of truth, its nature, and its application against contrary claims.
- Develop the skills to more accurately interpret the scriptures using solid hermeneutical principles.
- Articulate the arguments for God’s existence, the validity of miracles, the reliability of the Bible, and the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Apply scriptural principles of love, gentleness, and respect in engagement with non-Christians.
- Grow deeper into the Sacred Romance, resulting in a lifestyle commended by the Scriptures.
- Better integrate their thinking and lives in line with the Ratio Christi mission statement and the Historic Christian Faith.
- Be able to identify some basic challenges in apologetics related to God, miracles, Christ, and the Bible. They will be able to defend the Faith from the challenges in these areas and be able to present a logical, systematic approach to apologetics.
- Be able to teach the things learned to other faithful men and women who will be able to teach others also.
- Understand and apply the principles of servant leadership.
- Be able to show a heart of compassion to everyone, whether believer or non-believer, in the exercise of the evangelistic and apologetic effort and be able to skillfully apply God’s grace and truth to areas of sin and misunderstanding both in their own lives and in the lives of others.
- By the end of their time in Ratio Christi be better able to engage both Christian and non-Christian in conversation concerning humanity’s fallen nature and the provision of grace via Jesus’ atonement on humanity’s behalf to all that trust in Christ.
Recipient List: Jordan's Legacy has been fruitful. See interviews with most of our Legatus Christi recipients through 2015.